Tuesday 28 January 2014

review :: Pieces of You and Me by Pamela Ann


Another sinful, sexy and delicious read by Pamela Ann! Can she do any wrong?! I die for her books and her swoon worthy alpha males! 

Pamela, Pamela, Pamela... How I love thee! I wish I could put into words what makes Pamela Ann's books so special to me, but it's like lightning in a bottle. Her books get to me every time because it's like she knows what I'm craving in my heroes: supreme alpha males with OTT possessive tendencies that make my panties combust... and Mr. Greyson was no exception. Holy freaking cow, can I get a sexy fireman up in here?!?! One that looks like Greyson, by any chance? Teehee!

Like I have previously stated in some of my Goodreads reviews, Pamela's writing is one of my favorite kinds of writing. She writes real, raw, intense, gripping and passionate stories that hit the spot every single time. Pun intended, mind you! Her books always deliver on the delicious and toe-curling steam, over the charts drama and angst (which I live and breathe for!) and super sexy, holy-freaking-cow-get-naked-with-me-now heroes. Bass Cole? Carter Mason? Greyson Edwards? Wait... Wait. Oh my. You don't know who I'm talking about? WHAT?! *gasp* omg, go read the Torn series and Pieces of You & Me like, right NOW! Good grief, women! What's wrong with y'all? LOL

As I was saying... Pamela struck gold with me with this book also because I've been on a real "hero and heroine seemingly hate each other BUT secretly love each other and can't wait to get into each other's pants" kinda kick. Ya feel me? It's such a great setup for a fab romance, is it not? And let me tell you, Pamela more than delivered on the sexual tension and angst. Boy, did she ever! But here's the deal: Olivia Taylor and Greyson Edwards were each other's first love, first kiss... Swoon! Aren't third grade Liv and Grey the cutest, most precious babies? Sigh!

“You’re mine now, Olivia Taylor.”
And he was mine.
Glancing down at my lucky charm bracelet that I’d made last week, I pulled it off my wrist and handed it to him. “Here, keep it safe. I’ll always come back to you.”
"Are we forever, Liv?"
"Forever, Grey," I promised.

Until, one day, they weren't. And thus, they hated each other's guts fervently.  

Olivia Taylor…
Had been…
My first crush.
My first kiss.
My first love.
My first heartbreak.
Things fell apart during fourth grade and it hadn’t stopped since.  

Yep! Olivia can't stand Grey, and Grey can't stand Olivia. On the outside, that is. Because we know better, don't we girls? Teehee! So, what happened? I'll let you figure that out by yourselves. But do know one thing: the sexual tension in this book is off the charts! Phew! Miss Pamela Ann makes us wait long and good before some sexy time ensues, mainly because I neglected to mention one thing... Olivia has a boyfriend. Oops? His name is Liam and he lives in Australia, where Olivia plans to relocate to real soon. Oh, and also? Liv is forced to live in the same house as Grey. Gosh! This love triangle is soooo up my alley it's ridiculous! Did I mention that Pamela just knows what I crave in a book?! Squeeeee!!!

“So, how was Australia? I heard that you slept your way around all summer long. I’m curious; do you prefer American or Aussie dicks? Or are they all the same? A dick is a dick, right?” I heard him snort, which angered me even more.
“Yes, they’re all juicy, Grey.”
“Mine is oozing, Liv. Keep that in mind, will ya? Might come handy to you if you need to get a workout done.”

Aaaaaah, dead! I love this banter between them! I live for these kind of books, you guys, you don't even know. The sexual innuendos, the flirting between those two who are supposed to hate each other... Stick a fork in me, I'm done! It doesn't help that Greyson has an available posse of women at his beck and call, which drives Olivia mad. I wonder why... *wink* A self proclaimed ladies man and a feisty woman with balls of steel screams the perfect combination, if you ask me! Especially when Grey's not too pleased to see Olivia gather some interest from his friends... 

My eyes flashed back, not backing down. “You’re breaking codes here, bro. You know better than to fuck with me.”
Gavin stood up, pulling his sleeves up. “Who gives a fuck about what happened in third grade! We’ve all moved on! If you want to take this out somewhere, I’ll be more than happy to take you there.”

Oh, and let's not forget Liv...

Eyes wide as saucers, I watched as they both kissed while Grey kept his eyes glued to me, taking in my reaction. When their kiss deepened, I snapped out of my trance and immediately ran upstairs to my bedroom. My body shook with rage. With anger that wanted to cause pain. With endless loathing. And with jealousy… Grey meant nothing to me and yet, for some strange reason, I was jealous. Maybe it was just all the tension and stress from it all that I might be imagining it… yeah, that was probably it.

Oh, honey, you really are clueless... But Liv does love Liam, just not as much as (I know) she loves Greyson. It's hard being in a long distance relationship and I know that firsthand, so I could relate to Olivia. That doesn't mean she didn't get on my nerves a hell of a lot! She could very well be one of the most indecisive and irritating heroines of Pamela's, but that didn't deter me from enjoying the book unlike some people. I tolerate her and I do love her and Greyson together. And when they do get together... oh, man, it's explosive! But Liv is so scared, it broke my heart at times.

“I don’t know,” he sighed before lifting his head to the sky as if the stars held the answers. “This thing I feel for you…” He shook his head, not finishing his sentence.
This thing he felt for me… no. No. Just fucking no. Don’t even go there. We couldn’t. Fuck no. “Tell me you hate me,” I demanded, gazing at his face, begging. Desperate because my body would be volunteering any day now.
With his face still directed to the Heavens, he whispered to it, “I hate you… so much.”

Tempted to read this rollercoaster ride? You better be! This is the perfect book for you if you love crazy, sexy, make-no-apologies-for-who-I-am alpha males, a semi love triangle, a ton of thick sexual tension, blurred lines (did you just sing the song? I know you did!) mixing love and hate, mouthwatering steamy scenes and an awesome story that only Pamela Ann can weave so perfectly. The only reason I'm giving this 4.5 stars instead of 5 is the ending... I feel it happened only so it could provide some sort of cliffhanger and the book could've been a standalone, only longer. But that's it! Go buy this book immediately! And while you're at it, make sure to check out the Torn series if you haven't already! Deeeelish!

♥♥♥

RATING :: 4.5 stars
SEX SCENES :: Steamy
GENRE :: Contemporary romance, erotica
AUDIENCES :: 18+
LENGTH :: 211 pages
HAPPY ENDING :: To be continued...
SEQUEL :: Yes }

No comments:

Post a Comment